::iimageright(“m6319.jpg”,”Gateway M-6319 Laptop”)::
I finally broke down last month and bought myself a new laptop, a Gateway M-6319 from Costco. My previous box had developed some screen problems that made using the machine less than pleasurable. The problem with any new machine is that there is just so much software that needs to be installed to make it ‘work’ like the old one. So now for 3 weeks I have been using 2 machines. I hope to get everything moved over soon. Oh, and the other problem is that the new machine runs Vista… Course that was my other excuse for buying it. We will be replacing machines at the office and I need to have some experience working around all of Vista’s incompatibilities.
Here are some of the specs for my new machine:
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor1 T2370 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB,1MB L2)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit) SP1
- Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-1024MB modules)
- Hard Drive: 250GB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ 8MB cache3
- Optical Drive: 8x Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD-RW with DVD-RAM
- Web Camera: Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Web Cam
- Battery: Primary 6 Cell Lithium Ion battery w/ 1 Yr. limited battery warranty
- Digital Media Manager: 5-in-1 Digital Media Manager (Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick™ Pro, Multi Media Card™ (MMC), Secure Digital™ (SD), xD-Picture Card)
- Display: 15.4″ WXGA Ultrabright TFT Active Matrix (1280 x 800 max. resolution)
- Expansion Slots: One ExpressCard™ Type 54 Expansion Slot
- External Ports: (3) USB 2.0 Ports, VGA Connector
- Warranty: 2 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty5
- Weights: 6.29 lbs.
- Wireless Network: Integrated Marvell 802.11 ABG Draft-N Wireless Networking
I found machines that were cheaper but they did not have the Expansion Slot or Wireless-N. Both are things I may never use, but if I don’t have them I am sure the situation will arise where I will have wished I had them. The only problem so far is that the memory card reader does not work sometimes, I think the machine goes into sleep mode and does not wake up the card reader.