What's Best Next.
Saw this reviewed somewhere. Looked interesting but was worried that it would just be GTD with some Bible verses attached. Asked my daughter if she had heard of it and she gave it high praises and offered to lend it to me. Saw I could buy it online for a couple of dollars so just got my own copy.
Book InfoWhat's Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done
by Matt Perman
Reason: Always looking for a better way to get things done. (It is easier than actually getting things done)
Do Work That Matters Productivity isn’t just about getting more things done. It’s about getting theright things done—the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward.
In our current era of massive overload, this is harder than ever before. So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
When we take God’s purposes into account, a revolutionary insight emerges. Surprisingly, we see that the way to be productive is to put others first—to make the welfare of other people our motive and criteria in determining what to do (what’s best next). As both the Scriptures and the best business thinkers show, generosity is the key to unlocking our productivity. It is also the key to finding meaning and fulfillment in our work.
What’s Best Next offers a practical approach for improving your productivity in all areas of life. It will help you better understand:
- Why good works are not just rare and special things like going to Africa, but anything you do in faith even tying your shoes.
- How to create a mission statement for your life that actually works.
- How to delegate to people in a way that actually empowers them.
- How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
- How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
- How your work and life can transform the world socially, economically, and spiritually, and connect to God’s global purposes.
Matt Perman formerly served as the senior director of strategy at Desiring God Ministries in Minneapolis, MN, and is a frequent speaker on the topics of leadership and productivity from a God-centered perspective. He has an MDiv from Southern Theological Seminary and a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. Matt regularly blogs at www.whatsbestnext.com and contributes to a number of other online publications as well. He lives in Minneapolis. Twitter: @mattperman